It is the mission of the Falls Church Animal Hospital to provide quality professional care to the pets to which we are entrusted. We recognize that our clients' pets are members of their family, and we consider it our obligation to treat them accordingly.
The entire staff of the Falls Church Animal Hospital is also dedicated to meeting the special needs of our clients. We consider client service an integral part of the total care we provide.
The management of Falls Church Animal Hospital is committed to providing their staff with a work environment and training that fosters competence and a spirit of teamwork. We wish to allow each member of the staff to reach their full potential. We recognize that a committed and well-trained staff is essential to quality patient care.
Our services include:
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services - We offer a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services including X-Rays, Ultrasound, and Blood Chemistry.
- Internal Medicine and Oncology - In partnership with the HOPE Center and other specialty centers, we are able to provide the best possible internal medicine and oncology services.
- Surgical Services - We provide a wide range of surgical services including Alter/Spay, Exploratory, Cystotomy, and Tumor/Growth Removals.
- Dentistry - Because it is necessary to use general anesthesia while cleaning your pet's teeth, the process begins with a physical examination. Your pet's general health must be evaluated before anesthesia is administered to ensure that he/she is not put at risk. Your veterinarian may also recommend pre-anesthetic blood work and other testing to confirm that your pet is at low risk for complications from anesthesia.
During a dental cleaning a periodontal probe is used to check for pockets underneath the gum line where periodontal disease starts. Large pieces of tarter are removed with an ultrasonic scaler and a hand scaler is used to remove tarter from crevices and underneath the gum line. Other dental tools are used to finish cleaning above and below the gum line.
Your pets' teeth are then polished, which smoothes out any scratches in the enamel. Your veterinarian may find it necessary to take one or more radiographs (X-Rays) to evaluate your pet's oral health. Some teeth may require extraction if they are loose or badly infected.
- Radiology and Ultrasound - Our highly trained Doctors and Technical staff are able to provide this valuable diagnostic tool on site.
- Electrocardiography - In partnership with Cardiopet, a group of board certified cardiologists, we are able to offer in-house EKG testing.
- Laboratory Service - We offer the most safe and reliable laboratory options. In addition to our state of the art in-house lab, we partner with nationally recognized Antech and Idexx laboratories.
- Pharmacy - For your convenience we maintain a large inventory of both prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Permanent Pet ID - 10 million pets get lost every year. Without ID, 90% don't return home. Micro chipping saves lives and Home Again is designed to increase the chance of reuniting you with your lost pet.
- Bathing, Flea and Tick Treatment - By appointment, we provide bathing, grooming, and flea and tick treatments. Although we do not have a professional groomer on staff, we are able to provide clipping for your pet.
- Behavioral Counseling and Dietary Counseling - Our Veterinarians and Technical staff would be happy to provide the basic training advice and printed material. We highly recommend the basic dog obedience classes offered throughout the community. These classes not only provide basic training but also offer a source of socializing your dog and most importantly strengthen the bond between pet and owner. For those more challenging cases, let us refer you to a Behavioral Specialist.
- Boarding and Pet Day Care - By reservation, we provide quality boarding, respite care and day care for our patients. For holidays and prime vacation times we recommend booking early to ensure a reservation. Please complete the Boarding Information Form and fax or bring in with your pet.
- Dietary Counseling - Our veterinarians will recommend and counsel you on the diet that best suits your pet in every stage of life. Let's work together to provide a long healthy life for your four-legged friend.
- Silver Whiskers Senior Wellness Program - This specially developed program for older pets uses comprehensive diagnostics and preventative medicine,enabling us to provide better care for your pet.